Online Banking and Secure Sessions
We protect your account information by placing it under access controls requiring a User ID and Password. When you finish your banking session through our online banking facilities, exit the site or logout of the service (do not use the back button). This ends your session and ensures the next time you try to view the information, you have to know your Login ID and password. For added security during logoff, close your browser, especially if you are using a computer in a public facility such as an airport or library.
There are other actions you can take to protect your personal information online. At a minimum, we recommend the following precautions.
- Never share your User ID, Password or PIN with anyone. A PeoplesSouth employee will never need to know your password, and you should never furnish it to anyone.
- Never write down your Password or PIN where others may find it.
- Do not use an automatic login feature that saves your Password.
- Change your Password often.
- Make sure no one is watching when you enter your User ID and Password.
- Never walk away from the computer if your account information is showing on the screen.
- Do not access your accounts at internet cafes or other public spaces.
- Do not send confidential information by email unless you are in a secure session.
- Avoid using Passwords that are names of people, sports teams, cities or common phrases found in dictionaries.
PeoplesSouth does not contact customers via email to verify or request personal or account information. Do not respond to emails appearing to be from a bank, government office or other entity that request personal information such as User ID, password, PIN, social security number, or account number. If you receive such a fraudulent email, please do not respond; instead forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe your account information may have been compromised, please contact your nearest branch immediately.
Regular non-encrypted email over the Internet is not a secure means of communication. For this reason, we provide a secure email function through the "Contact Us" button on our Web site at www.peoplessouth.com. In instances where we provide Internet email addresses, such as email@example.com, they are for inquiries of a non-sensitive and non-confidential nature. We recommend that you do not send confidential information by email unless it is secured.
Click here for a list of supported browsers.
PeoplesSouth Bank Customer Awareness and Education Security Links:
Federal Trade Commission Protecting America's Consumers: http://www.ftc.gov
Avoid ID Theft "How to Deter, Detect, and Defend Against Identity Theft": https://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/fighttheft/
On Guard Online: http://www.onguardonline.gov/
You may contact the Identity Theft Hotline at (877) 438-4338.
Children's Online Privacy
Protecting children on the Internet is very important to us. For that reason, PeoplesSouth does not intentionally collect information at our web site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our web site is intended to attract anyone under 13. Parents can be proactive and limit web site access to their children by installing filtering software.
Children's access to the Internet can permit them to visit inappropriate web sites and be exposed to unnecessary risks. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) protects children under the age of 13 from the online collection of personal information.
Certificates of Deposit
Ranging from one month to five years, find the CD account to help with your savings goal.
Get the most from your money with a variety of checking options that meet your needs.